Region: Lahul Valley
- Total Duration: 23 Nights / 24 Days (Ex Delhi)
- Style of Trip: Climbing
- Grade: Challenging
- Maximum Altitude: 6443 m
- Best Season: June to September
- Accommodation: Hotel/Guesthouse; Organized Campsite
- Food: On trek– All meals included
Menthosa is a21,140ft. Peak located in deep Mayar valley of Lahoul and Spiti, Himachal Pradesh district. Menthosa is a one of the difficult peak to climb,due to its remote location. So, one should be well experienced and have completed varied expeditions. Climbing of this peak is recommended only to professional climbers. The route to the peak demands great endurance and skills to conquer. The climb is a mixture of deep valleys, gorges alongside the mayar river, morains, rocks, cliffs, ice fields and walls.
The climb has extreme routes where rock falls and avalanches are often encountered. At the higher altitudes the mountains react at their own, so the conditions are unpredictable. The route is challenging that consists of tricky snow traverse & steep slopes, huge plateau, deep drops on the both sides of route at some places. Mount Menthosa is a perfect peak to climb, to experience, to exploreand face the extreme challenges,which is way beyond some ones imagination.Great endurance is required for this climb.
Firstly, one has to reach Manali and then by bus or taxi reach Udaipur. Udaipur would be our base camp.From Udaipur we have to follow Mayar Nallah till the end of road.The ascend will go through narrow gorge, overhung rock face tracks causing high packs to get caught and climber to lose his balance. After hours of trek ABC Menthosa is established at the height of 14,200ft. From the camp a fabulous view of the mountains, heavily caked with the fresh snow can be seen. Next morning the pack will head to Camp 1, which is situated at the height of 16,500ft. covered deep in the snow.
Following day team experts willreach the CampII, to find out further conditions. After reaching, safe approach will be made with the provision of fix ropes to CampII. At CampII weather is unpredictable at the height of 18,350ft and the temperature will drop to -26C. The route to CampIII is completed in adverse weather conditions. The route lay along the crest of right hand skyline ridge overlooking the ABC glacier. The route provides spectacular views and dangerous drops about 5000ft. on the one side and 2000ft. on the other side. After great efforts, the CampIII is completed here by the climbers. At 20,300ft. CampIII is just some hundred meters below from the summit. The attempts to the summit totally depends on the weather, if weather stays stable the attempts can be made and elevation of 21,140ft. is measured by the brave climbers.
Finally peak Menthosa is a great peak to climb, it offers interesting mountaineering experience at every stage. At last withdrew off the mountain in a good order and retrace our steps back to the Mayar Nallah to advance base camp and so on till the roadhead. All the participants are dropped at Udaipur from where they can leave to their desired destinations.
What is included in the tour
- Local Transport Delhi to Delhi.
- • Highly advanced, Professional & certified mountaineering (Instructor/guide) from Himalaya Destination.
- • Skilled local Guide who has ample knowledge of the route.
- • Vegetarian meals on the Climbing. (Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner)
- • Cooks/Helper and other requisite staff.
- • HAF/LAF/Porters/mules for carrying common equipments (like rations/tents/utensils/and Central climbing Equipment)
- • Equipments – Tents on sharing basis / Sleeping bags / Sleeping Mattress/ Sleeping bag Inner
- • During Trek & Expedition we will provide you Dome/Alpine/High Altitude tents on twin sharing basis. Camping mattresses, kitchen tent, dining tent, camping stool etc would be provided.
- • High Altitude Porters to ferry loads, set up high camps, fix ropes etc
- • Climbing Guide’s support up to Summit
- • Butane gas bottle for high altitude cooking
- • Meals: In Hotel only breakfast will serve. While on trek all meals will be provided. Meals will be freshly prepared and will be a mix of Indian, Chinese & Continental.
- • High Altitude meal: We will use tin packed food in high altitude
- • Basic First aid Kit with portal oxygen.
- • Forest Permits, wild life fee and camping charges.
- • State Government Fees.
- • IMF Permissions, Royalty and Registration.
- • Liaison Officer Cost (included for foreign expedition only)
What is NOT included in the tour
- Personal Porters for carrying Climber’s backpacks.
- • Air fare.
- • Any charges for carrying still/video cameras etc.
- • Personal expenses like tips, telephone calls, laundry, etc.
- • Group Gears for climbing e.g. rope, pitons, snow bars, crabs etc.
- • Individual Climbing Gears and clothing; special individual mountain diet if any.
- • Inner Line Permit.
- • Personal insurance or cost of emergency evacuation.
- • Purchases of personal natures (like Alcohol, Soft drink, mineral water bottles/bottled or canned beverages/chocolates/dry fruits etc).
- • Food to/from the trailhead.
- • Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances like landslides, road blocks, bad weather, etc.
- • Travel insurance.
Inquire for the Cost.
Day 1: ARRIVAL DELHI:
Day to visit Indian Mountaineering Foundation (IMF) for briefing and to full fill all formalities. Overnight stay at hotel.
Day 2: Delhi – Manali.
Day 3: Manali. (Prepration Day).
Day 4: Manali – Rohtang Pass – Udaipur.
Day 5: Day for full fill all formalities with Local Administration & Forest Department. Overnight stay at Hotel.
Day 6: Udaipur – Chamrat/Chamrat to Urgos
Day 7: Urgos – Base Camp
Day 8: Rest at Base camp.
Day 9: BC to Camp1 (acclimatization and load ferry) back to BC.
Day 10: BC to Camp1 (acclimatization and load ferry) back to BC.
Day 11: Occupied camp 1.
Day 12: Camp1 to Camp2 (Load ferry) back to Camp1.
Day 13: Occupied camp 2.
Day 14: Camp 2 to summit Camp.
Day 15: Summit attempt (6443 m.) and back to Camp2
Day 16: Reserve Day for Summit.
Day 17: Reserve Day for Summit.
Day 18: Summit Camp to – Camp 1.
Day 19: Camp 1 – BC.
Day 20: Rest Day.
Day 21: Base Camp – Urgos.
Day 22: Urgos – Manali.
Day 23: Manali – Delhi.
Day 24: DELHI DEPARTS:
Morning visit IMF to full fill all formalities and de – briefing .Later in the afternoon group brekup.