- Total Duration – 4 Nights / 5 Days
- Access – Dehradun is connected by road & rail from Delhi
- Grade – Easy
- Maximum Altitude – 3925 Chandrashila Peak
- Best Season -Round the year (Except Monsoon)
- Weather – The nights can be cold. Day temperatures are pleasant during the season
- Distance – 34km trekking
This all-season trek is known for its scenic beauty. It passes through some beautiful forests and affords excellent views of the snow peaks. The trek gives you the opportunity to visit the 1000-year-old Tungnath temple, which is the highest shrine of Lord
Shiva. It is one of the panch-kedars and is believed to have been built by Arjuna himself. Chandrashila is famous for its breathtaking 360-degree view of the Himalayan ranges. It is one of the few peaks that can also be climbed in the winter months.
Fix Departure tariff 10,500/- excluding GST of 5%
Tariff For Customized Group Per Person
10,500/- (above 15 Participants)
11,000/- (11-15 Participants)
13,000/- (7-10 Participants)
15,500/- (4-6 Participants)
20,000/- (2-3 Participants)
Transportation charges: Dehradun/Rishikesh to Dehradun/Rishikesh – Rs 2800 per head (For a group of 10 people)
Day 01: Dehradun/Rishikesh – Sari(Drive 200kms / 5-6hrs)
Today we reach Dehradun/Rishikesh and after having quick breakfast we start for Kund. Kund is 200 km away from Haridwar and it will take approx. 6-7 hours to reach. The scenic beauty of Kund is mind refreshing. The lush Connifer forest, green meadows and the view of Himalayan range is breathtaking. We stay here for the night.
Day 02: Sari To Deoria Tal (2400m) – 8KM (4hrs)
Visit the famous temple at Ukhimath before embarking on the trail through the town, heading east, up the hill to Deoria Tal. The pretty walk through rhododendrons, takes you to the ridge above the town. Deoria Tal is a small lake with two tea shops around it. The views of the mountain ranges from here are fabulous.
Day 03: Deoriatal – Chopta (2600m, trek /5-6 hrs)
Today is a fairly level walk through some beautiful forest and meadows. If you are trekking in the winter months, expect some snow in the shadow areas. There are two camping options, either camp short of Chopta near a steam, or at the meadows below the shops at Chopta.
Day 04: Chopta to Tunganath temple (3400m) to Chandrashila (3925m) and return to Chopta (2347m) 15KM ( 8 hrs)
Form the picturesque environs of Chopta; take the path through the arch leading up to the temple. Tungnath is a short 3 km trek from Chopta. The temple is only visible in the last few hundred meters. Head up past the temple to the peak. Enjoy the beautiful 360-degree views, before heading down Chopta again and finally to Duggalbitta. In winters, when it snows, the small town of Chopta is deserted and even the tea shops will be shut.
Day 05: Chopta to Dehradun/Rishikesh
After breakfast start drive to Dehradun / Rishikesh and trip end here
Things to Pack: Rucksack, cotton clothes, good trekking shoes, a warm jacket, Gloves, warmer, woolen or monkey cap covering head and ears, UV rays protected sunglasses, raincoat, extra socks, water bottle, torch, cold cream, sunscreen, toilet soap, towel, Walking Stick medicines that you usually use.
What is included in the tour
- Basic Mountaineering Course qualified Guide, Local Guide who has extensive knowledge of the route
- Vegetarian meals on the trek (Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner), Cooks/Helper and other requisite staff.
- Transportation (Optional)
- Porters/mules for carrying common equipment (like rations/tents/utensils/), Equipment– Tents on sharing basis / Sleeping bags / Sleeping Mats
- Sleeping mattress and sleeping bag (We would prefer that one should carry his/her own sleeping bag due to hygiene issues, if one has)
- Any equipment required (Ropes, Carabiners etc.), all permit fee,
- Basic First aid Kit and Oxygen Cylinder (If required for this trek)
- Forest Permits and camping charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Personal Porters for carrying backpacks of trekkers
- Personal trekking equipment – like trekking poles or sleeping bag liners. We can try to arrange on rent for below mentioned rates
- Personal insurance or cost of emergency evacuation
- Food which are not mentioned in inclusion
- Purchases of personal natures (like mineral water bottles/bottled or canned beverages/chocolates/dry fruits etc)
- Travel cost before reaching Dehradun and return from Dehradun