- Total Duration – 8 Nights / 9Days
- Style Of Trip – Climbing
- Maximum Altitude – 5289 mtrs (17353ft).
- Grade – Moderate
- Best Season – June to October
- Accommodation – Hotel/Guesthouse; Organized Campsite
- Food – On trek – All meals included
Things to Pack
Day pack, good sports shoes,sweat proof t shirt, cap , UV rays protected sunglasses, raincoat, extra socks, water bottle,Spoon,Plate,Mug,Lunch box(for pack lunch) torch, cold cream, sunscreen, toilet soap, towel, medicines that you usually use.
Situated in Beas Kund area of Pir Panjal range at an altitude of 5289m, Friendship peak is an ideal non-technical trekking peak for those with limited or no mountaineering experience but requires good fitness. Surrounded by several other peaks like Hanuman Tibba, Shetidhar,Indra Asan and Deo Tibba. The summit of the Friendship peak offers spectacular panoramic views of the Pir Panjal and Dhauladhar ranges.
Drive to Solang by a taxi. From solang to dhundi moderate walk. Easy walk through the forest of Pine, Maple, Walnut, Silver fir and Oak. From Dhundi to Bakar thach is a highland meadow, a leisurely walk of 2-3 hours will lead to the Beas Kund. We set up our base camp around or above the lake. Spend the following day around the camp practicing movement on snow and ice. Get familiar with the use of your equipment. Learn the techniques and how to arrest a fall on the slope. Wake up early in the morning and after a quick bite get ready for the climb up to the summit. It’s best to be up at the summit early in the morning to make the best of the weather and get good views. At the summit one can see in the west of Dhundi the highest mountain of the Dhauladhar Mt. Hanuman Tibba 5940 m. is erected, on the east Deo Tibba 6001 m, and Indra Asan 6100 m. can be seen if the weather is in your favor. Once Friendship peak is summated at 5394m., Descend down to the base camp. Next morning start to Dhundi, the roadhead and drive back to Manali. Overnight hotel in Manali.
What is included in the tour
- Local Transport Delhi to Delhi.
- Highly advanced, Professional & certified mountaineering (Instructor/guide) from Himalaya Destination.
- Skilled local Guide who has ample knowledge of the route.
- Vegetarian meals on the Climbing. (Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner)
- Cooks/Helper and other requisite staff.
- HAF/LAF/Porters/mules for carrying common equipments (like rations/tents/utensils/and Central climbing Equipment)
- Equipments – Tents on sharing basis / Sleeping bags / Sleeping Mattress/ Sleeping bag Inner
- During Trek & Expedition we will provide you Dome/Alpine/High Altitude tents on twin sharing basis. Camping mattresses, kitchen tent, dining tent, camping stool etc would be provided.
- High Altitude Porters to ferry loads, set up high camps, fix ropes etc
- Climbing Guide’s support up to Summit
- Butane gas bottle for high altitude cooking
- Meals: In Hotel only breakfast will serve. While on trek all meals will be provided. Meals will be freshly prepared and will be a mix of Indian, Chinese & Continental.
- High Altitude meal: We will use tin packed food in high altitude.
- Basic First aid Kit with portal oxygen.
- Forest Permits, wild life fee and camping charges.
- State Government Fees.
- Liaison Officer Cost (included for foreign expedition only)
- And for the other personal climbing gear and central gear will send with the confirmation details.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Personal Porters for carrying Climber’s backpacks
- Air fare
- Any charges for carrying still/video cameras etc.
- Personal expenses like tips, telephone calls, laundry, etc.
- Group Gears for climbing e.g. rope, pitons, snow bars, crabs etc
- Individual Climbing Gears and clothing; special individual mountain diet if any
- Inner Line Permit.
- Personal insurance or cost of emergency evacuation
- Purchases of personal natures (like Alcohol, Soft drink, mineral water bottles/bottled or canned beverages/chocolates/dry fruits etc)
- IMF Permissions, Royalty and Registration.
- Food to/from the trail head.
- Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances like landslides, road blocks, bad weather, etc.
- Travel insurance.
- GST 5%.
19,999 + 5% GST
Departure Dates : 30th May, 18th Aug 2018
Day 01: Reach at Manali. Paper work and other preparation
Day 02: Manali to Bakar Thach (10700 ft.)
Day 03: Bakar Thach to Beas Kund Glacier. (12800 ft.)
DAY 04: Move to advance ABC Lady Leg. (15000 ft.)
Day 05: Move to Summit Camp and Racky of summit. (15800Ft.)
Day 06: Summit Attempts (17353 ft.)
Day 07: Reserve day for Summit attempts and back to ABC.
Day 08: ABC to Bakar Thach
Day 09: Bakar Thach to Solang nala trek and back to Manali via Taxi.