Total Duration – 7 Nights / 8 Days
Style Of Trip – Climbing
Maximum Altitude – 5289 mtrs (17353ft).
Grade – Moderate
Best Season – June to October
Accommodation – Hotel/Guesthouse; Organized Campsite
Food – On trek – All meals included
Things to Pack
Day pack, good trekking shoes,sweat proof t shirt, cap , UV rays protected sunglasses, raincoat/ponchu, extra socks, water bottle,Spoon,Plate,Mug,Lunch box (for pack lunch) torch, cold cream, sunscreen, toilet soap, towel, medicines that you usually use.
Friendship Peak is situated in Beas Kund area of Pir Panjal range at an altitude of 5289m. It is an ideal non-technical trekking peak for those with limited or no mountaineering experience but requires good fitness. Surrounded by several other peaks like Hanuman Tibba, Shetidhar,Indra Asan and Deo Tibba offers spectacular panoramic views of the Pir Panjal and Dhauladhar ranges.
First drive to Solang by a taxi. From Solang to Dhundi moderate walk. Easy walk through the forest of Pine, Maple, Walnut, Silver fir and Oak. Then from Dhundi to Bakar thach is a leisurely walk of 2-3 hours. One can see high altitude flora and fauna while trekking through the meadows.We will set up our base camp in Bakar Thach. The following day hike towards ABC through lady leg through beautiful alpine flowers. Lady leg is a steep tiring stretch on the ABC ridge. Next morning get familiar with the use of your equipment and climb to summit camp. Learn the techniques and how to arrest a fall on the slope. Wake up early in the morning and after a quick bite get ready for the climb up to the summit. It’s best to be up at the summit early in the morning to make the best of the weather and get good views. At the summit one can see in the west of Dhundi the highest mountain of the Dhauladhar Mt. Hanuman Tibba 5940 m. is erected, on the east Deo Tibba 6001 m, and Indra Asan 6100 m. can be seen if the weather is in your favor. Once Friendship peak is summated at 5394m., Descend down to the base camp. Next morning start to Dhundi, the roadhead and drive back to Manali.
21,999 + 5% GST
Departure Dates : 1st June, 27th Aug 2019
Day 01: Reach at Manali.
Documentation and other trek related preparation needed to be done on this day.
Day 02: Manali to Bakar Thach (10700 ft.)
Drive Manali to Solang by any conveyance. Then the trek starts from Solang or from Dhundi depending of the availability of the transportation. The trek goes through conifer, oak and walnut trees to highland meadows of Bakar thach. The trail is comparatively moderate. At Bakar Thach one will be amazed to see the campsite surrounded by the mighty peaks, glaciers and moraines. Halt at the beautiful site in Bakar Thach.
Day 03: Bakar Thach to advance ABC Lady Leg. (15000 ft.)
Today trek to ABC, which is also called as lady leg. Initially the climb will be done on moraines then traverse through glacier field. First we trek to pristine Beas kund, then climb towards lady leg. Lady leg is the steep strenuous stretch just before the ABC ridge and is infamous for its difficulty. Reach at ABC, rest for a while then head for a acclimatization walk. Halt a night at ABC.
Day 04: Move to Summit Camp and Racky of summit. (15800Ft.)
Start early after healthy breakfast towards the summit camp. Get familiar with your gears, try learning some basic techniques of climbing a peak. While climbing do remember arrest a fall.
Day 05: Summit Attempt (17353 ft.)
We will start early morning as the day is full of adventures. An early start will help climb better on the snow, before it melts. It will take about 8 hours to reach the summit. One can celebrate the summit once reached at the top and have a glance over the mighty peaks of Pir Panjal and Dhauladhar Range. Spend some minutes at the top and climb down to the ABC.
Day 06: Reserve day for Summit attempts and back to ABC.
The day would be reserved for any bad weather situation, which will interrupt or delay the summit attempt.
Day 07: ABC to Bakar Thach
From ABC to Bakar thach would be an easy climb down to the valley via same route. Returning back to vegetation and civilization would give a pleasure to the climbers after an arduous trek. Night halt at Bakar Thach.
Day 08: Bakar Thach to Solang Nala trek and back to Manali via Taxi.
Trek back from Bakar Thach to Solang Nala via same trail. Reach Manali and leave to your preferred destinations.
What is included in the tour
- Local Transport Delhi to Delhi.
- Highly advanced, Professional & certified mountaineering (Instructor/guide) from Himalaya Destination.
- Skilled local Guide who has ample knowledge of the route.
- Vegetarian meals on the Climbing. (Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner)
- Cooks/Helper and other requisite staff.
- HAF/LAF/Porters/mules for carrying common equipments (like rations/tents/utensils/and Central climbing Equipment)
- Equipments – Tents on sharing basis / Sleeping bags / Sleeping Mattress/ Sleeping bag Inner
- During Trek & Expedition we will provide you Dome/Alpine/High Altitude tents on twin sharing basis. Camping mattresses, kitchen tent, dining tent, camping stool etc would be provided.
- High Altitude Porters to ferry loads, set up high camps, fix ropes etc
- Climbing Guide’s support up to Summit
- Butane gas bottle for high altitude cooking
- Meals: In Hotel only breakfast will serve. While on trek all meals will be provided. Meals will be freshly prepared and will be a mix of Indian, Chinese & Continental.
- High Altitude meal: We will use tin packed food in high altitude.
- Basic First aid Kit with portal oxygen.
- Forest Permits, wild life fee and camping charges.
- State Government Fees.
- Liaison Officer Cost (included for foreign expedition only)
- And for the other personal climbing gear and central gear will send with the confirmation details.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Personal Porters for carrying Climber’s backpacks
- Air fare
- Any charges for carrying still/video cameras etc.
- Personal expenses like tips, telephone calls, laundry, etc.
- Group Gears for climbing e.g. rope, pitons, snow bars, crabs etc
- Individual Climbing Gears and clothing; special individual mountain diet if any
- Inner Line Permit.
- Personal insurance or cost of emergency evacuation
- Purchases of personal natures (like Alcohol, Soft drink, mineral water bottles/bottled or canned beverages/chocolates/dry fruits etc)
- IMF Permissions, Royalty and Registration.
- Food to/from the trail head.
- Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances like landslides, road blocks, bad weather, etc.
- Travel insurance.
- GST 5%.