Region: Garhwal Himalaya
Total Duration – 8 Nights / 9 Days
Style of Trip - Climbing
Maximum Altitude – 4575 m./ 15000 ft.
Grade – Easy to Moderate
Best Season – June to October
Accommodation – Hotel/Guesthouse; Organized Campsite
Food – On trek – All meals included
Pangarchulla peak is located in Uttarakhand, at the elevation of 4575m. above the sea level. The trek offers the right amount of challenge and is ideal for the avid trekkers who want to get a taste of climbing a peak. The trail to Pangarchulla Peak has a variety of terrains, from lush green fields to dense wild forest and then a pristine white snow covered landscape, an ideal place for neophyte climbers. The journey to the peak is not that much tough, but the route is long and needs adequate energy with right amount of enthusiasm to enclose. At the foothills of the peak glittering forests of alpine and coniferous trees can be seen. The trek is led by certified skilled mountaineers and may require the use of technical climbing gears such as ropes, crampons, ice axe, harnesses etc. All skill training on the use of the technical gear would be demonstrated before the trek and during the trek.
The trek route will start driving from Joshimath till Auli, which is well known for its ski slopes. From Auli the real pickup to the Pangarchulla peak starts. At Auli campsite, the striking view of Nanda Devi can be seen. On the way to the pastures of Gorson Bugyal, one comes across the forests of oak and rhododendron. . From Gorson Bugyal, the path goes down from sheer gorges to the forests where we will camp through a miniscule water body called Tali. Steep slopes and excellent landscapes are there in the path, but the real beauty is on both the sides. If you look around, you will see all the high peaks looking at you. The trek route offers excellent experience, filled with tranquility, energy and delightful sights The trip offers the loads of photo opportunity as it is covered with a stunning panorama of the majestic peaks including Nanda Devi. As we reach at the top 4575m./ 15000 ft, experience the pinnacle at your own style. The views of Vasudhara falls peaks like Mana, Hathi Ghodi, , Barmal, Lampak Massif, Dronagiri, Nanda-Devi, and Bertholi would leave you feeling modest at the end to the Mother Nature. While walking down the slopes experience the beautiful meadows, dense forests with the ultimate tranquility around. The trek ends at Tapovan. The further journey is done by road transport or by taxi.
Rucksack, cotton clothes, good trekking shoes, a warm jacket, Gloves, warmer, woolen or monkey cap covering head and ears, UV rays protected sunglasses, raincoat, extra socks, water bottle, torch, cold cream, sunscreen, toilet soap, towel, Walking Stick and medicines that you usually use.
How to reach Rishikesh:
Rishikesh is a popular site and is well connected with the bus network which is 225 km. 5/6 hr. from Delhi. There are regular buses conveyancing. Distance by Rail from Delhi to Rishikesh is 273 km. and multiple trains are running daily. One can reach by air too, Jolly grant airport at Dehradun is the nearest (35 km.) airport from Rishikesh.
Inquire for the Cost.
Day 01: Delhi – Rishikesh (225 kms/6 hrs approx)
Day 02: Rishikesh – Joshimath (245 kms/8-9 hrs
Day 03: Joshimath – Auli – Gorson Meadow (3200m)
Day 04: Gorson Meadow – Tali (3310m)
Day 05: Tali – Khulara (3395m)
Day 06: Khulara Base Camp – Advanced Base Camp (4000m)
Day 07: Advanced Base Camp – Summit (4574m./ 15000ft.) – back to Khulara Base Camp
Day 08: Khulara – Tapovan (1905m) 4-5 hrs – Rudraprayag (120 kms/4 hrs)
Day 09: Rudraprayag – Haridwar – Delhi.
Day 1.Delhi - Haridwar - Rishikesh
Early morning travel by train/bus to Haridwar, meet our representatives at train station/bus station and drive towards the holy town of Rishikesh. Check in to hotel, relax and by the evening visit the local sights. Overnight stay in hotel.
Day 2.Rishikesh - Joshimath (245 kms/8-9 hrs )
Early morning have breakfast and drive to Joshimath via Devprayag, Rudraprayag and Chamoli. On arrival check in to the hotel. Overnight stay at Joshimath.
Day 3.Joshimath - Auli - Gorson Meadow (3200m)
After breakfast drive towards the Auli (14 km’s/45 min’s drive) and from here the trek starts to Gorson Top. One can see the magnificent view of Mt. Nanda Devi Peak from Auli. The trek takes you through the dense forests of Oak and Rhododendron on the way to Gorson Meadow. On arrival fix camp, later in the afternoon explore the vast meadows of Gorson. Have your delicious dinner and sleep in the tents.
Day 4.Gorson Meadow - Tali (3310m)
In the morning wake up early to view the spectacular sun rise on Mt.Nanda Devi. Later enjoy the healthy breakfast while sun rises on Gorson meadow. Today we will head towards Tali, another trail to the adorned meadows of foliage. The trail climbs diagonally up on the Gorson Bugyal and then descends sharply down to the forest. Through the forests one can see the huge canopies create a magical site. On arrival at Tali we set up our camp nearby the water body. Halt night in the tents.
Day 5.Tali - Khulara (3395m) via Kuari Pass 5-6 hrs
Following day get ready for a long hike towards Khulara via Kuari Pass. Today you will see the stunning views of mighty Himalayan peaks like Chaukhamba range, Nilkanth (6596m), Narayan Parbat (5965m), Mana peak (7272m), Kamet (7756m), Abi Gamin (7355m) and Dunagiri (7066m). On arrival at Khulara we will fix our campand take a sip of hot tea. Have dinner and halt a night in the camp.
Day 6.Khulara Base Camp - Advanced Base Camp (4000m) 4 hrs
Today we will start trek to Advance Base Camp in Pangarchulla Peak with all our climbing gear. Today most of our climb goes on a reasonable slope on the snow covered north face of the mountain with a magnificent view of the enormous mountains. Night stay at ABC.
Day 7.Advanced Base Camp - Summit (4574m./ 15000ft.)- back to Khulara Base Camp 4-5 hrs
Early morning probably in the dark get ready for summit attempt and outlook the sun rise on the Himalayan peaks. Today the route is precipitous with steep climbs. At summit glimpse the mighty ranges and retrace back your step towards Khulara base camp. As approached have a hot cup of tea/soup and later the dinner. Overnight stay in camp.
Day 8.Khulara - Tapovan (1905m) 4-5 hrs - Rudraprayag (120 kms/4 hrs)
After an early breakfast trek down towards Tapovan and from hear drive to Rudraprayag via Joshimath and Chamoli. Dinner and overnight stay in the hotel.
Day 9.Rudraprayag - Haridwar - Delhi
After breakfast drive to Haridwar via Devprayag & Rishikesh. On arrival at Haridwar transfer to railway station and from here catch AC train for Delhi.
What is included in the tour
- Local Transport Delhi to Delhi.
- Highly advanced, Professional & certified mountaineering (Instructor/guide) from Himalaya Destination.
- Skilled local Guide who has ample knowledge of the route.
- Vegetarian meals on the Climbing. (Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner)
- Cooks/Helper and other requisite staff.
- HAF/LAF/Porters/mules for carrying common equipments (like rations/tents/utensils/and Central climbing Equipment)
- Equipments – Tents on sharing basis / Sleeping bags / Sleeping Mattress/ Sleeping bag Inner
- During Trek & Expedition we will provide you Dome/Alpine/High Altitude tents on twin sharing basis. Camping mattresses, kitchen tent, dining tent, camping stool etc would be provided.
- High Altitude Porters to ferry loads, set up high camps, fix ropes etc
- Climbing Guide’s support up to Summit
- Butane gas bottle for high altitude cooking
- Meals: In Hotel only breakfast will serve. While on trek all meals will be provided. Meals will be freshly prepared and will be a mix of Indian, Chinese & Continental.
- High Altitude meal: We will use tin packed food in high altitude.
- Basic First aid Kit with portal oxygen.
- Forest Permits, wild life fee and camping charges.
- State Government Fees.
- IMF Permissions, Royalty and Registration.
- Liaison Officer Cost (included for foreign expedition only)
What is NOT included in the tour
- Personal Porters for carrying Climber’s backpacks.
- Air fare.
- Any charges for carrying still/video cameras etc.
- Personal expenses like tips, telephone calls, laundry, etc.
- Group Gears for climbing e.g. rope, pitons, snow bars, crabs etc.
- Individual Climbing Gears and clothing; special individual mountain diet if any.
- Inner Line Permit.
- Personal insurance or cost of emergency evacuation.
- Purchases of personal natures (like Alcohol, Soft drink, mineral water bottles/bottled or canned beverages/chocolates/dry fruits etc)
- Food to/from the trailhead.
- Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances like landslides, road blocks, bad weather, etc.
- Travel insurance.