Region: Manali / Parvati Valley
- Total Duration – 5 Nights / 6 Days
- Maximum Altitude – 3700 mtrs / 12030 ft.
- Grade – Easy to Moderate
- Best Season – May to November
- Accommodation – Hotel/Guesthouse in Manali /Organized Campsite
- Food – On trek – All meals included
Distance – 48 K
Chanderkhani pass (3,600m)is a popular trek amongst trekkers and explorers who are first timers. It is a moderate to steep trek in beautiful Kullu valley of Himachal Pradesh. The route takes you from deep wild forests of deodar, pine, oak, walnut, birch to the highland pastures with a great view of valley below. This trek offers gorgeous views of some of the highest mountain peaks such as Hanuman Tibba (5900m.) and open valleys. After passing the chanderkhani pass the trail takes you down to the another valley of Parvati. The pass is meant to be a holy place for the locals and is said to be the origin of 18 crore deits and deities. So one should respect the place and not to litter and chaos.
The route starts from nagger, a small town with the beautiful surroundings. Drive to Rumsu a small village with traditional houses. The trek starts from Rumsu. At first is the steep climb which follows until the camp at Naya Tapru at the height of 8,250ft. At initial the trail goes between the deodar and pine forests. As the altitude increases the vegetation changes. The tree line changes into walnut ,oak , horse chestnut and birch trees. Naya tapru is at descent height from where you can see manali on your right and panaromic view of mountain ranges. Next morning climb to chanderkhani pass. After trekking few hours tree line is left behind and the high altitude short trees, flowers and bushes like rhododendron take place. As we climb near to the pass the vegetation disappears, only green meadows are being seen. Passing the chanderkhani top the route will lead you to Nagaruni (3,250m). From Nagruni to wicthing is gradual climb. Wicthing is a beautiful meadow where locals from Malana used graze their livestocks. Next day depart to malana, an ancient village which used to run on its own constitution and not to be touched by any outsider. Further on we approach the Malana dam, where our trek will end. It is a fine trek which does not demands a lot from trekkers but just to be patient and enjoy the trek.
What is included in the tour
- Local transport during Trek
- Highly Advanced and qualified Guide from Himalaya Destinations
- Skilled Local Guide who has ample knowledge of the route
- Vegetarian meals on the trek (Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner)
- Cooks/Helper and other requisite staff.
- Porters/mules for carrying common equipments (like rations/tents/utensils/)
- equipment’s – equipment’s – Tents on sharing basis / Sleeping bags / Sleeping Mattress/ Sleeping bag Inner
- While on trek all meals will be provided. Meals will be freshly prepared and will be a mix of Indian, Chinese & Continental.
- Basic First aid Kit with portal oxygen.
- Forest Permits and camping charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Personal Porters for carrying trekker’s backpacks
- Personal trekking equipments – like trekking poles or sleeping bag liners
- Personal insurance or cost of emergency evacuation
- Purchases of personal natures (like mineral water bottles/bottled or canned beverages/chocolates/dry fruits etc)
- Food to/from the trail head.
Tariff 8,999/- excluding GST of 5%
Tariff For Customized Group Per Person
8,999/- (above 15 Participant)
9,999/- (11-15 Participants)
11,000/- (8-10 Participants)
13,000/- (4-7 Participants)
17,000/- (2-3 Participants)
Day 1: Reporting Manali.(1800m)
Reporting – Acclimatization – Orientation & Briefing of the trek – Trek Preparation & window shopping
(Sufficient time would be given for visiting market and nearby places)
Day 2: Manali/ Naggar to Naya Tapru (2,500m/8,250ft; 6 hrs) Approx 10 to 11 kms.
Day 3: Naya Tapru (8250m) – Chanderkhani Pass (3660m/12000ft) – Nagaruni (3250m/10700ft; 7 to 8hrs) Approx 12 – 13 kms.
DAY 4: Nagaruni – Witiching (2800 m/ 9000ft; 5 hrs) Approx 7-8 kms.
DAY 5: Witiching – Malana (2650m/8700ft; 4 to 5 hrs) Approx 8 – 9 kms.
DAY 6: Malana – Malana Dam/Jari (Approx 3 – 4 kms) – Naggar (2000 m/ 6600ft; 5 hrs)
Things to Pack: Rucksack, cotton clothes, good trekking shoes, a warm jacket,warmer, woollen or monkey cap covering head and ears, UV rays protected sunglasses, raincoat, extra socks, water bottle, torch, cold cream, sunscreen, toilet soap, towel, walking Stick medicines that you usually use.