Region: Manali,Lahul Valley,Ladakh and Kargil
- Total Duration – 12 Nights / 13 Days
- Maximum Altitude – 5900 m/ 19470 ft
- Grade – Extremely difficult.
- Best Season – Mid June to September
- Accommodation – Hotel/Guesthouse; Organized Campsite
- Food – On trek – All meals included
High Altitude Trekking from Manali to Leh over the Kanga- La Pass
A trekking into an interior & not much explored area starts from Manali to Lahaul Valley & goes towards Mayar valley. The valley is an extremely beautiful & full of wild life & chilling streams. The local habitat are so interesting, they follow a mixed culture. It is a land of Lord Shiva & flying monk. There are lots of stories of different type of monks; it says you the spiritual power of our God & their kindness towards living being on the Earth.Pandavas were here once upon a time & there are some signs of their presence. They left so many things, ideas & living style to the local habitats. The local culture, the architect & life style are impressed by two religions i.e., Hinduism & Buddhism. The Mayar valley which is a lush green is a boundary line to Zanskar valley. An ideal place to visit to study different Himalayan herbal plants & its rich flora. To watch flowers, peaks, glaciers, rivers, villages, flat plain lands, walking through the moraine, glacier & watching of grazing Yaks, Musk deer, Ibexes & the enchantic view of different Himalayan ranges from the Kang-la Pass is just magnificent.
What is included in the tour
- Transport required in the trek
- Highly advanced & certified mountaineering guide from Himalaya Destination
- Skilled Guide who has ample knowledge of the route.
- Vegetarian meals on the trek (Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner)
- Cooks/Helper and other requisite staff.
- Porters/mules for carrying common equipments (like rations/tents/utensils/)
- Equipments – Tents on sharing basis / Sleeping bags / Sleeping Mats
- Basic First aid Kit.
- Forest Permits and camping charges.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Personal Porters for carrying trekker’s backpacks
- Personal trekking equipments – like trekking poles or sleeping bag liners
- Personal insurance or cost of emergency evacuation
- Purchases of personal natures (like mineral water bottles/bottled or canned beverages/chocolates/dry fruits etc)
- Food to/from the trail head.
Fix Departure tariff 36,000/- excluding GST of 5%
Tariff For Customized Group Per Person
36,000/- (above 15 Participant)
38,500/- (11 – 15 Participants)
40,000/- (8 – 10 Participants)
50,500/- (4 – 7 Participants)
65,000/- (2 – 3 Participants)
Day 1: Manali (1850m) to Urgus (3700m), drive from Manali to Urgus via Rohtang Pass (3987m), Sissu water fall, Tandi confluence point, Trilokinath & Udaipur. It takes about 10 hours.
Day 02: Urgus to Khanjer (3900m). 8 hours walk.
Day 03: Khanjer to Than pattan (4200m). 7 hours walk.
Day 04: Than Patten to Morein base camp (4700m). 8 hours walk.
Day 05: Rest Day.
Day 06: Base camp to camp-I (5200m) 8 hours walk.
Day 07: Camp-I to camp-II (5500m). 8 hours walk.
Day 08: Camp-II to the other base of the Kanga- la Pas, via Kangla Pass (5900m). 8 hours walk.
Day 09: Base of the pass to Barden gompa. 8 hours walk.
Day 10: Barden gompa to Padum. 3 hours walk.
Day 11: Padum to Kargil by drive. It takes about 10 hours.
Day 12: Kargil to Leh via Lamayuru monastery. By drive takes 10 hours. Stay in hotel/ Guest house.
Day 13: group breakup after breakfast.
Things to Pack: Rucksack, cotton clothes, good trekking shoes, a warm jacket, Gloves, warmer, woolen or monkey cap covering head and ears, UV rays protected sunglasses, raincoat, extra socks, water bottle, torch, cold cream, sunscreen, toilet soap, towel, Walking Stick medicines that you usually use.