Region: Parvati Valley
- Total Duration – 1 Night / 2 Days
- Maximum Altitude – 2960 mtrs.
- Grade – Easy to Moderate
- Best Season – April to December
- Accommodation – Organized Campsite
- Food – On trek – All meals included
Distance – 22 KM.
Popular for the hot springs and scenic views of the Himalayan mountains, Kheerganga is situated in Kullu district of Himachal Pradesh. Located about 22 km away from the pilgrimage town of Manikaran, trekking through the dense forests and a bath in its hot springs are a refreshing experience. You can go trekking, camping in the forest and indulge in landscape photography during your stay at Kheerganga. The view of the sunset and trekking through Kheerganga forests are an incredible experience. Barshaini is the last motorable point. Hiring a guide to reach Kheerganga is recommended. It takes 4hours from barshaini to kheerganga on feet. While trekking from Barshaini, you will come across the village and several sightseeing options like Rudra-Nag, the serpent shaped waterfall. After rudra nag croosing bridge over parvati river, the trail goes steep for a while. The way is mixed of steep and moderate trek. Then we reach the khirganga slope from where one can see the food tents and the temple. This temple dedicated to Lord Shiva and Goddess Parvati and there is a hot spring famous for its medicinal properties. In this hot spring one can take bath and relax his tirednass during the trek. The best time to visit Kheerganga is between the months of May and November when the weather remains pleasant and favorable. Winter months are avoided for the trek, as the snow makes the trail difficult to walk and the rocks become slippery.
There are a few restaurants along the road near Kheerganga that serve vegetarian and non-vegetarian dishes of Indian, Chinese and Continental cuisine.
There is an ashram near the Shiva temple that offers basic accommodation and decent facilities.
According to legend, Kartikeya, the younger son of Lord Shiva and Parvati, meditated for a thousand years at Kheerganga making it a very important religious place for Hindus.
What is included in the tour
- Local transport during Trek
- Highly Advanced and qualified Guide from Himalaya Destinations
- Skilled Local Guide who has ample knowledge of the route
- Vegetarian meals on the trek (Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner)
- Cooks/Helper and other requisite staff.
- Porters/mules for carrying common equipments (like rations/tents/utensils/)
- equipment’s – equipment’s – Tents on sharing basis / Sleeping bags / Sleeping Mattress/ Sleeping bag Inner
- While on trek all meals will be provided. Meals will be freshly prepared and will be a mix of Indian, Chinese & Continental.
- Basic First aid Kit with portal oxygen.
- Forest Permits and camping charges.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Personal Porters for carrying trekker’s backpacks
- Personal trekking equipments – like trekking poles or sleeping bag liners
- Personal insurance or cost of emergency evacuation
- Purchases of personal natures (like mineral water bottles/bottled or canned beverages/chocolates/dry fruits etc)
- Food to/from the trail head.
Fix departure tariff 1,999/- excluding GST of 5%
Tariff For Customised Group Per Person
3,000/- (above 15 Participant)
3,500/- (11-15 Participants)
4,000/- (8-10 Participants)
5,000/- (4-7 Participants)
7,000/- (2-3 Participants)
Departure Dates : 14th, 28th April,26th may, 15th,16th,25th june, 14th, 15th july, 13th,15th, 17th, 18th, 26th August,14th,21st,22nd September,6th,13th 16th,19th,20th,27th October 2018
Day 1: : Arrive at Manikaran (Kasol) by 8.00 am and arrive Barshani at 9:30 am. Start trek to Kheer Ganga. The total trek length is 11 KM and it will take 4-5 hrs to reach Kheer Ganga. Khir Ganga is alpine pasture. After reaching the destination delicious snacks will be served with hot Tea. In the evening sunset will provide a magical view. Overnight stay in camp.
Day 2: Explore Kheer Ganga. Kheer ganga is the part of Pir Panjal range, from khir ganga one can get a terrific view of the Himalayan rocky ranges. There is also a hot water spring where one can relax and bath. And after healthy breakfast trek back to Barshani(11K.m.) then return back to Manikaran.
Things to Pack: Rucksack, cotton clothes, good trekking shoes, a warm jacket, Feather Jacket, fleece jacket,warmer, woolen or monkey cap covering head and ears, UV rays protected sunglasses, raincoat, extra socks, water bottle, torch, cold cream, sunscreen, toilet soap, towel, walking Stick medicines that you usually use.