Total Duration – 3 Nights / 4 Days
Maximum Altitude – 4240 m/ 14000 ft.
Grade – Moderate to strenuous
Best Season – May to October
Accommodation – Hotel/Guesthouse in Manali ; Organized Campsite
Food – On trek – All meals included
Distance – 35 KM.
Brighu Lake Trek
The Bhrigu lake a magical place in the lap of Mighty Himalayas, located at 4240m. lies in the east of the Rohtang pass. It is one of the most frequented treks of Manali. It is decent route for those with less or without experience of trekking. This trek takes you through forests to high pastures and offers ultimate scenes of the Kullu Manali Valley. The lake is also meant to be spiritual and holy to the locals and is worshipped by the pilgrims on special occasions. The lake is named after Maharishi Bhrigu. It is an ancient saying that the sage used to mediate near the lake for years. Hence it has been rendered sacred due to the locals believe that this lake never freezes completely.
The trek starts from Gulaba about 15 kms far from Manali. It is located around 6 kilometres (3.7 mi) far from Gulaba village. It can be reached by trekking either from the Vashishth temple, which is famous for its hot water springs, close to the town of Manali or from Gulaba village. Actually there is no settlement in Gulaba and is an area of the Pir Panjal mountain range. The trail to the lake takes one through dense forests of Deodar Oak and is truly fulfilling. As climbing higher the landscape changes into vast and the great valley of Kullu Manali is in front. Ascending the mountain could be a challenge yet the reward of being at camp is promising. Snow capped mountains all around with stunning natural atmosphere is always eye catching. Reaching up to the camp takes some pleasant hours. The camp at Raoli Kholi offers best evening colours and the magical nights with stars glazing better than any place. The next day commence towards our prime destination Bhrigu Lake. The trail is not so demanding but long enough to tire someone. Climbing over mountain ridges brings again the spectacular scenic beauties that one cannot escape by looking at it. The lake is situated at such height that most of the mighty peaks of the valley are visible. The peaks such as Hanuman Tibba, Manali Peak, Friendship Peak, Ladhakhi Peak and Priyadarshini Range with Pir Panjal range. The Lake is not so big in dimensions but deep and alluring in the lap of huge rocky mountains. Spending some of the quality time at this place would bring tranquility and pleasure to someone came from the busy urban life. Returning back from downhill is always a challenge however being careful and conscious about the situation will help someone descend fine. The trail should be walked and enjoyed well, only then one will feel satisfied by himself being at the mountains. The camp would be reached by the evening. Enjoy the sunset painting colors in the sky while having a hot cup of tea. Next morning capture the beauty around on the way and head back to the roadhead by the same route. Drive back to Manali and depart to your destinations.
Fix Departure tariff 5,999 excluding GST of 5%
Things To Pack :-
- Trekking Shoes: You need good trekking shoes with good grip & ankle support. Do not carry sport shoes.
- Clothing: You need to have warm clothes with three-layer jackets, fleece or down feather jacket. Carry 1 or 2 full sleeves t-shirt. For lowers carry cotton pants suitable for trek. Do no carry jeans or shorts for trekking.
- Thermals: Carry top and bottom thermals.
- Socks: Carry 2 - 3 pair of sports socks along with woolen socks to be worn at night.
- Headlamp/Led Torch are mandatory
- Sunglasses: To protect from sunlight in snow you require UV rays protected sunglasses.
- Woolen Cap and Gloves are also necessary as the climate will be cold. Carry waterproof gloves as they get wet in snow.
- Lunchbox & Water bottle: Every participant should carry lunch box and water bottle of their own.
- Raincoat/Ponchos: At high altitudes, snowfall and rain are quite common and it’s mandatory to carry a poncho so that one doesn’t get wet.
b)Medical Certificate (signed by a registered MBBS doctor)
c)NOC form (by trekker)
Day 1: Arrive at Manali(2050m)/Naggar (1800m)Base camp
A short briefing about the trek, documentation and shopping trek related items.
Day 2: Drive to Gulaba 20km. 1hr.- Raoli Kholi (9,700ft.) 8km. 5-6hrs.
Today the trek will start by driving an hour till Gulaba then from Gulaba our trek will commence.
The route is steep which goes through the wild forests of oak pine and conifers. The trail is fairly visible and open at initial and further on. As hiking upwards the vista becomes broader and clearer. Scenic beauty of the valley of Manali below, river Beas sparkingly gushing down to the lower areas and the mighty peaks such as Hanuman Tibba, Manali peak, Sheti dhar etc. can be seen while climbing to the camp at Raoli Kholi. After hours of trekking the tree line is left behind and the open space offers some of the great meadows aside, that one can cherish the beautifulness of the Mother Nature. Soon the trail will take us to the campsite at Raoli Kholi. It is a decent site to be at. Beautiful mountains in front, a little stream flowing along side of the camp and green meadows all around creates a mesmerizing atmosphere. The nights are also eye catching at this campsite. The stars are clear and twinkling in the sky that can only be gasped at such heights. It is heaven for the photographers and the artists. One might keep gazing at the sky all the night. We will halt at Raoli Kholi.
Day 3: Raoli Kholi – Bhrigu Lake(14,000ft.) (4240m.)- Raoli Kholi 7km. 5-6 hr
This morning we start early trekking to Bhrigu lake. Today the trek is mixed of moderate to steep trail with moraines at the last patch of the trek. If this trek is done in the winter season the snow will be encountered on all the way till the lake. At first the trail is moderate which becomes slightly uphill and continues for a while then turns moderate. After crossing some of the colorful meadows the gradient increases with moraines on the way till the last hike of the trek. Climbing on the moraines at such steep slopes could be tricky and one has to be careful while going up and descending back. Crossing this rocky part gives a satisfaction of self confidence. Now the lake is visible just few steps ahead. The lake is situated in the lap of the mountain surrounded by rocky cliffs and ridges. The lake is not that big but yet alluring. The place is tranquil with stunning scenic beauty all around. It is located at the top of the Vashisht mountain range. The lake is meant to be sacred and holy to the locals. The lake is circled bald feet by the visitors, pilgrims though shoes or any other leather materials are not allowed in the vicinity of the lake. Throwing any edible waste or plastic is strictly prohibited near or in the lake. Spend some quality time at the lake and climb down the same way to the camp. We reach at the camp by the evening. Enjoy watching sunset while having a cup of hot tea. Night stay at the camps.
Day 4: Raoli Kholi – Gulaba - Manali
This morning wake up with ease though the trail is a short downhill. Climb the same trail all the way down. As this is the last day of trekking, be careful walking down the slopes that one can slip or twist his ankle. Avoid jumping and running on the downhill. It will take 2-3 hrs. to reach the road head. Our vehicles would be waiting for us to drop at Manali. Once reached at Manali one is free to depart on his own journeys.
What is included in the tour
- Accommodation on sharing basis. Separate for male and female. For twin sharing extra charges will be applicable.
- Transport required in the trek by bus.
- Highly advanced & certified mountaineering guide from Himalaya Destination
- Skilled Guide who has ample knowledge of the route.
- Cloak room to keep extra luggage.
- Vegetarian meals on the trek (Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner). Vegetarian meals only., jain food will be provided.
- Cooks/Helper and other requisite staff.
- Porters/mules for carrying common equipment (like rations/tents/utensils/)
- High quality tents and sleeping bags in all the camps. Sleeping bags can withstand temperature as low as -10 ºC.
- First aid kit, oxygen cylinders, oximeter, medicines etc. will be with guide/trek leader and at camp site as well to deal with emergencies
- All trekking, Forest Permits and camping charges are included.
What is NOT included in the tour
- GST 5%
- Personal Porters for carrying trekker’s backpacks
- Personal insurance or cost of emergency evacuation
- Purchases of personal natures (like mineral water bottles/bottled or canned beverages/chocolates/dry fruits etc.)
- Food to/from the trail head and at the 1st base camp.