Total Duration – 3 Nights / 4 Days
Maximum Altitude – 3700 mtrs / 12800 ft.
Grade – Easy
Best Season – May to October
Accommodation – Hotel/Guesthouse in Manali ; Organized Campsite
Food – On trek – All meals included
Distance – 30 KM.
Beas Kund Trek
The Beas Kund trek is one of the most popular treks in Manali which takes one to the origin of the river Beas at an altitude of 3700 mts. and to many of the ancient glaciers located around it. Mythology has it that Beas Rishi meditated here and wrote the epic Mahabharata. Beas kund is a magical place, which is surrounded by the peak of Hanuman Tibba, Ladakhi peak, Manali peak, Muker beh, Sheti Dhar peak and the well known Friendship Peak. There are cascading waterfalls on the way and crystal-clear lake called as Beas Kund. The route to Beas Kund starts near Solang nallah. The trail to Beas kund from Solang Nallah is approximately 15 kms long. A jeep road goes up to Dhundi from Solang Nallah where the SASE, Manali, has a study unit. Route to Beas Kund is three days average trek, that will take us through snow fields (in winter) moraines, meadows, over boulders and glaciers.
Bakar thatch is a highland meadow and it takes a leisurely walk of 2-3 hours to reach. The route passes through coniferous trees to alpine pastures. The trail is moderate with few climbs in between. As we reach at Bakar thach one could see snow capped peaks, rocky mountains, glaciers and moraines. Bakar thach is the base for all the expeditions and trekking done in this mountain range. The next stop on this trek is Beas Kund a holy lake located in the lap of massive mountain ranges. As we had started, after two hours of gradual trek, the trail goes uphill for a short distance on moraines, and then traverses over a glacier field to the Beas Kund. Beas kund is a serene lake with spiritual beliefs concerned to it. It is a holy place for the locals and is kept clean by every visitors. Legend has it that if someone pollutes the place the weather changes dramatically and sometimes costs the lives of people. After all the lake is holy and polluting around it could be an act of foolishness. At Beas kund spend some quality time in the tranquility of pure Nature. Then trail back same way to the camp at Bakar Thach. Next morning trail down to the road head at Dhundi.
Fix Departure tariff 6,299/- excluding GST of 5%
Rates are excluding GST of 5%
Note that the cost would vary for customized group according to their requirements.
Things To Pack:-
- Trekking Shoes: You need good trekking shoes with good grip & ankle support. Do not carry sport shoes.
- Clothing: You need to have warm clothes with three-layer jackets, fleece or down feather jacket. Carry 1 or 2 full sleeves t-shirt. For lowers carry cotton pants suitable for trek. Do no carry jeans or shorts for trekking.
- Thermals: Carry top and bottom thermals.
- Socks: Carry 2 - 3 pair of sports socks along with woolen socks to be worn at night.
- Headlamp/Led Torch are mandatory
- Sunglasses: To protect from sunlight in snow you require UV rays protected sunglasses.
- Woolen Cap and Gloves are also necessary as the climate will be cold. Carry waterproof gloves as they get wet in snow.
- Lunchbox & Water bottle: Every participant should carry lunch box and water bottle of their own.
- Raincoat/Ponchos: At high altitudes, snowfall and rain are quite common and it’s mandatory to carry a poncho so that one doesn’t get wet.
b)Medical Certificate (signed by a registered MBBS doctor)
c)NOC form (by trekker)
Day 1: Reporting Manali. (2050m)
Reporting – Acclimatization – Orientation & Briefing of the trek – Trek Preparation & window shopping
(Sufficient time would be given for visiting market and nearby places)
Day 2: Drive Manali to Solang Valley/ Trek to Bakar Thach (3242m) (6-8 hrs) (approx. 13-14 kms.)
After a healthy breakfast, we will move to the Solang Valley via vehicle. From Solang Valley our trek will start to Bakar Thach. On the route we will cross the Dhundi Village, the Last village in Solang Valley, a place where Beas river meets it’s first tributary coming from Beas kund and Rohtang Pass. The last place to stock up with a few essentials before heading to the mountains. Metal road ends here. After Dhundi our trek starts from the coniferous tree line to the high altitude pasture . Rhododendron shrub are abundant and River Beas is crossed over a snow bridge . The trail is moderately gradient and needs no special efforts. Bakar Thach is base for every expeditions, trekking's done in this region and it is also the base for courses of mountaineering institute Manali (ABHIMAS) . Bakar Thach is a perfect place to see high mountain ranges, Glaciers and moraines. Night halt at Bakkar Thach.
Day 3: Bakar Thatch – Beas Kund (3700m.)- Bakar Thach (6-7 hrs) Approx 10-11 kms.
Today start climbing towards Beas Kund. The trail goes through moraines then moderates till Beas Kund. En route one has to cross a stream flowing down from Hanuman Tibba Glacier. The landscape in the surrounding of Beas kund is vast open valley with snow capped and rocky mountains. Beas Kund is a serene lake from which River Beas originates. The lake isn't great in its dimensions but great with importance among Hindu inhabitants of the valley, who used to visit and worship on occasions. The lake is holy and polluting around it is prohibited. Spend some peaceful time at the Lake then return back to our camp in Bakar Thatch.
DAY 4: Bakar Thach –Solang Valley- Manali. (5–6hrs) Approx. 13–14 kms
We will Trek back to Dhundi via same trail. From Dhundi we will reach to Manali by Road. Your Adventurous trip ends here. Go back to your home with unlimited memories.
What is included in the tour
- Accommodation on sharing basis. Separate for male and female. For twin sharing extra charges will be applicable.
- Transport required in the trek by bus.
- Highly advanced & certified mountaineering guide from Himalaya Destination
- Skilled Guide who has ample knowledge of the route.
- Cloak room to keep extra luggage.
- Vegetarian meals on the trek (Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner). Vegetarian meals only., jain food will be provided.
- Cooks/Helper and other requisite staff.
- Porters/mules for carrying common equipment (like rations/tents/utensils/)
- High quality tents and sleeping bags in all the camps. Sleeping bags can withstand temperature as low as -10 ºC.
- First aid kit, oxygen cylinders, oximeter, medicines etc. will be with guide/trek leader and at camp site as well to deal with emergencies
- All trekking, Forest Permits and camping charges are included.
What is NOT included in the tour
- GST 5%
- Personal Porters for carrying trekker’s backpacks
- Personal insurance or cost of emergency evacuation
- Purchases of personal natures (like mineral water bottles/bottled or canned beverages/chocolates/dry fruits etc.)
- Food to/from the trail head and at the 1st base camp.