- Total Duration – 4 Nights / 5 Days
- Region – Kullu and Spiti Valley
- Grade – Moderately difficult
- Maximum Altitude – 4227 m/ 14600 ft
- Best Season – Mid June to October
- Accommodation – Hotel/Guesthouse; Organized Campsite
- Food – On trek – All meals included
- Distance – 50 KM.
Things to Pack:
Rucksack, cotton clothes, good trekking shoes, a warm jacket,warmer, woollen or monkey cap covering head and ears, UV rays protected sunglasses, raincoat, extra socks, water bottle, torch, cold cream, sunscreen, toilet soap, towel, walking Stick medicines that you usually use.
Rates are excluding GST of 5%
Note that the cost would vary for customized group according to their requirements
Hampta is the eastern –most pass on the Pir Panjal range which divides the valleys of lahul ,Spiti and Kullu. This trek route is the shortest line between the Chandra and Beas rivers and was the favoured route before the road over the Rohtang Pass was constructed.Trek Commences at sethan Village, 8 kms above Prini on the left bank of the beas. Trek Goes upstreams on the left bank of the alain stream streams northwards, past Kharmdiari(3400m), Pandu ropa,Jobri, crosses over to the right bank; a gentle ascending walk of an hour ends at the first days camp site- Chikka(3500m.). A pleasant meadow between high bluffs, just above the tree line: common to see a couple of gujjar encampments there. On day 2 one continues to follow the alain north- east, the ascent becoming steeper. After two hours one comes to the huge pasture of juara thatch,carpeted with ferns and alpine flowers, then Balu ka ghera a massive, circular depression where the alain forms a lake. Trek circle the lake,climbs a 200 m. rockfall and ends at a shelf; this is Ratan Thali the camp site. (3900m.). T the north are high 6000m.+ peaks- Indrasan, Dev Tibba,and Inder Kila – from which hang a myriad glaciers. From one of these the alain is born. On day 3 a stiff one hour climb brings one to the hampta pass. The view oof the north – Lahul and spiti is Amazing.2000 feet straight below is the Hampta stream, emerging from the hampta glacier to the east and flowing north wards to the Chandra valley. Deescent is initially very steep, but then it is a lovely walk of about three hours on the alpine grasslands on right bank of hampta to the Chandera River. Hampta meets the Chandra three kms. Above the tiny hamlet of chatru, which is on the main highway connecting Manali and Kaza.
What is included in the tour
- Local transport during Trek
- Highly Advanced and qualified Guide from Himalaya Destinations
- Skilled Local Guide who has ample knowledge of the route
- Vegetarian meals on the trek (Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner)
- Cooks/Helper and other requisite staff.
- Porters/mules for carrying common equipments (like rations/tents/utensils/)
- Equipment’s – Tents on sharing basis / Sleeping bags / Sleeping Mattress/ Sleeping bag Inner
- While on trek all meals will be provided. Meals will be freshly prepared and will be a mix of Indian, Chinese & Continental.
- Basic First aid Kit with portal oxygen.
- Forest Permits and camping charges.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Personal Porters for carrying trekker’s backpacks
- Personal trekking equipments – like trekking poles or sleeping bag liners
- Personal insurance or cost of emergency evacuation
- Purchases of personal natures (like mineral water bottles/bottled or canned beverages/chocolates/dry fruits etc)
- Food to/from the trailhead.
Fix Departure tariff 8,999/- excluding GST of 5%
Tariff For Customized Group Per Person
8,999/- (above 15 Participants)
9,999/- (11 – 15 Participants)
11,999/- (7 – 10 Participants)
21,999/- (4 – 6 Participants)
29,599/- (2 – 3 Participants)
Day 1: Reporting Manali.(1800m)
Reporting – Acclimatization – Orientation & Briefing of the trek – Trek Preparation & window shopping
(Sufficient time would be given for visiting market and nearby places)
Day 02: Trek from Manali/ Jobri(2600m) to Chikka(2960m/8960ft; 5 hrs) (approx. 9kms)
Day 03: Chikka – Balu Ka Ghera(3300m/11096 ft; 6 to 7 hrs)Approx 8-9 kms
Day 04: Balu Ka Ghera – Hampta Pass(4227m)- Shia Gohru (3600 m/ 12000ft ; 9 – 10hrs)Approx 9 – 10 kms
Day 05: Shia Gohru – Chatru(3300m.)- Manali (3800 m/ 11515ft ; 3 – 4hrs)Approx 6 – 7 kms