The Parashar Lake lies 49 km north of Mandi, in the Kullu Valley, Himachal Pradesh. It is believed that the sage Parashar meditated here. Near to the lake’s edge there is a three storied Pagoda like temple which looks very traditional because of the wooden carvings. The view at the lake is serene and the water looks completely blue. Another interesting fact about Parashar Lake is that the lake keeps changing its position, throughout the year.
The lake is surrounded by small hills, so one has to walk 500 meters to reach the top and can have the glimpse of the lake and the temple. You will need to descend a bit to reach there. Shoes, leather belt and purse etc to are not allowed into the main temple complex. You can go around the lake and do a Parikrama (walking around). A fair is held here in the in the month of June every year. People gather from all neighboring villages. This lake is fed by small and nearby mountain streams.
The trek starts from Bagi village is 7.5 km trekking route. The trek is mostly uphill and one has to pass through the dense forest. The walk through throughout the trek is picturesque because of the long pine trees and beautiful hills. During winters the lake is fully covered with snow and is frozen.
Things to Pack: Rucksack, cotton clothes, good trekking shoes, a warm jacket, Gloves, warmer, woolen or monkey cap covering head and ears, UV rays protected sunglasses, raincoat, extra socks, water bottle, torch, cold cream, sunscreen, toilet soap, towel, Walking Stick medicines that you usually use.
What is included in the tour
- Transport required in the trek
- Highly advanced & certified mountaineering guide from Himalaya Destination
- Skilled Guide who has ample knowledge of the route.
- Vegetarian meals on the trek (Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner)
- Cooks/Helper and other requisite staff.
- Porters/mules for carrying common equipments (like rations/tents/utensils/)
- Equipments – Tents on sharing basis / Sleeping bags / Sleeping Mats
- Basic First aid Kit.
- Forest Permits and camping charges.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Personal Porters for carrying trekker’s backpacks
- Personal trekking equipments – like trekking poles or sleeping bag liners
- Personal insurance or cost of emergency evacuation
- Purchases of personal natures (like mineral water bottles/bottled or canned beverages/chocolates/dry fruits etc)
- Food to/from the trail head.
Region: Kullu and Mandi
- Total Duration – 1 Nights / 2 Days
- Maximum Altitude – 2620 m.
- Grade – Moderate.
- Best Season – December to April
- Accommodation – Hotel/Guesthouse; Organized Campsite
- Food – On trek – All meals included
- Distance – 15 KM.
Fix Departure tariff 2699/- excluding GST of 5%
Tariff For Customized Group Per Person
2,699/- (above 15 Participant)
3,099/- (11 – 15 Participants)
3,599/- (8 – 10 Participants)
4,099/- (4 – 7 Participants)
6,599/- (2-3 Participants)
Day1: Arrive at Bhunter (Kullu) by 8.00 am and arrive Baghi at 10 am. Start trek to Parashar Lake. The total trek length is 9 KM and it will take 4-5 hrs to reach Prashar Lake. After reaching delicious snacks will be serverd with hot Tea. Sun set will provide a magical view. Overnight stay in camp.
Day02: Explore Parashar. At the left side slope from the summit one can get a terrific view of the Himalayan ranges namely Dhuladhar range, Pir Punjal ranges, Shivalik etc.and after healty breakfast trek back to Baghi(7.5 K.m.).And then return back to Kullu.