Region: Kullu and Mandi
Total Duration – 1 Nights / 2 Days
Maximum Altitude – 2730 m.
Grade – Easy.
Best Season – December to April
Accommodation – Hotel/Guesthouse; Organized Campsite
Food – On trek – All meals included
Distance – 15 KM.
Prashar Lake Trek
The Prashar Lake lies 49 km north of Mandi, in the Kullu Valley, Himachal Pradesh. It is believed that the sage Prashar meditated here. Near to the lake’s edge there is a three storied Pagoda like temple which looks very traditional because of the wooden carvings. The view at the lake is serene and the water looks completely blue. Another interesting fact about Prashar Lake is that the a miniature island set in the middle of the lake keeps changing its position, throughout the year.
The lake is surrounded by small hills, so one has to walk more than 500 meters to reach the top and can have the glimpse of the lake, temple and the mighty Himalayan peaks. You will need to descend a bit to reach there. Shoes, leather belt and purse etc are not allowed into the main temple compound. You can go around the lake and do a Parikrama (walking around). A fair is held here in the in the month of June every year. People gather from all neighboring villages and co-relating valleys. The lake is fed by small and nearby mountain streams.
The trek starts from Bagi village, a 7.5 km trekking route. The trek is mostly uphill and one has to pass through the dense forest. The walk throughout the trek is picturesque because of the long pine trees and beautiful hills. During winters the lake is fully covered with snow and is frozen. One can do this trek throughout the year but the best time to do the trek is pre-monsoon and post monsoon seasons.
Things To Pack :-
- Trekking Shoes: You need good trekking shoes with good grip & ankle support. Do not carry sport shoes.
- Clothing: You need to have warm clothes with three-layer jackets, fleece or down feather jacket. Carry 1 or 2 full sleeves t-shirt. For lowers carry cotton pants suitable for trek. Do no carry jeans or shorts for trekking.
- Thermals: Carry top and bottom thermals.
- Socks: Carry 2 - 3 pair of sports socks along with woolen socks to be worn at night.
- Headlamp/Led Torch are mandatory
- Sunglasses: To protect from sunlight in snow you require UV rays protected sunglasses.
- Woolen Cap and Gloves are also necessary as the climate will be cold. Carry waterproof gloves as they get wet in snow.
- Lunchbox & Water bottle: Every participant should carry lunch box and water bottle of their own.
- Raincoat/Ponchos: At high altitudes, snowfall and rain are quite common and it’s mandatory to carry a poncho so that one doesn’t get wet.
b)Medical Certificate (signed by a registered MBBS doctor)
c)NOC form (by trekker)
How to Reach Bhuntar:
Bhuntar has its airport known as the Kullu-Manali airport. There are two flights daily from Delhi to Bhuntar. However, the only problem is that the airport is not functional at all the times and it is better to check before booking a flight. The best way to reach Bhuntar is via road transportation. You can hire a taxi which you can use to travel in the city. You can also make use of the bus services provided by Himachal Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation from the main cities like Delhi and Chandigarh. You can also take a train to Pathankot, Delhi or Chandigarh and continue onwards via taxi or bus.
Fix Departure tariff 2999/- excluding GST of 5%
Day1: Arrive at Bhunter (Kullu) by 8.00 am and then approachp Baghi by 10 am.
Start trekking to Prashar Lake. The total trek length is 9 KM and it will take 4-5 hrs to reach Prashar Lake. The route goes through dense forests of Pine oak and other wild Himalayan species. The trail is total uphill with moderate incline and can be negotiated with a good physical fitness. After reaching the campsite delicious snacks will be served with hot Tea. In the evening sun set will provide a magical view of color painting the sky and one can leisure at his comfort watching the sky. Overnight stay in the camp.
Day02: Explore Prashar- return back to Baghi - Kullu
Have a hot cup of tea and then explore around the lake surroundings. Visit the Temple and circle the lake as holy parikrama. One can climb up at the left side slope, and from the summit view a terrific vista of the Himalayan ranges namely Dhuladhar range, Pir Panjal ranges, Shivalik etc.After spending quality time at the lake, return back to the campsite and have your sumptuous breakfast, then trek back to Baghi(7.5 K.m.).And then back to Kullu.
What is included in the tour
- Transport required in the trek.
- Highly advanced & certified mountaineering guide from Himalaya Destination.
- Skilled Guide who has ample knowledge of the route.
- Vegetarian meals on the trek (Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner)
- Cooks/Helper and other requisite staff.
- Porters/mules for carrying common equipments (like rations/tents/utensils)
- Equipments – Tents on sharing basis / Sleeping bags / Sleeping Mats.
- Basic First aid Kit.
- Forest Permits and camping charges.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Personal Porters for carrying trekker’s backpacks.
- Personal trekking equipments – like trekking poles or sleeping bag liners.
- Personal insurance or cost of emergency evacuation.
- Purchases of personal natures (like mineral water bottles/bottled or canned beverages/chocolates/dry fruits etc)
- Food to/from the trail head.