- Total Duration – 3 Nights / 4 Days
- Maximum Altitude – 2400 mtrs.
- Grade – Easy
- Best Season – December to April
- Accommodation – Organized Campsite
- Food – On trek – All meals included
- Distance – 13KM.
Things to Pack:
Day pack, cotton clothes, trekking shoes, a warm jacket, Feather Jacket, fleece jacket,warmer, woollen or monkey cap covering head and ears, UV rays protected sunglasses, rain jacket, extra cotton socks, water bottle, torch, cold cream, sunscreen, toilet soap, towel, medicines that you usually use.
Camping in the snow appeals to anyone who enjoys the beauty and peacefulness of a pristine winter wonderland. There are no bugs or crowds, and who doesn’t enjoy playing in the snow? With a little preparation, you also might be surprised at how comfortable it can be.
Winter outings offer different challenges than summer camping. You must be prepared for more severe weather and shorter daylight hours by having extra gear and additional skills. Before you leave home, have a plan.
Hiking and camping in winter season is a different experience with the mind blowing scenary of the mother nature. Winter in kullu valley is totally different as compare to the summer. Winter in kullu manali is very cold and harsh. Winter in kullu starts in the month of december till the end of february. Winter is difficult but relaxing. The mountains and the peaks are covered with heavy snow. The scenic veiw of the valley is so great that one can’t go without expriencing it. The landscape is covered with white blanket of snow and the greenay is less. In winter the roads are almost open but if heavy snow falls routes can be closed for some days. Afterall one can explore walking around in between the snow. Camping is also done in the winter season but with the proper preparation. Camping in the snow appeals to anyone who enjoys the beaty and peacefulness of a prestine winter wonderland. In the winter there is not much crowd and no more bugs. Winter season is so cool that no one can not resist himself playing in the snow. But it needs a little preparation for the winter, though you might be surprised how comfortable it can be spending some time in the snow covered landscape. Winter outings offer different challenges than in the summer camping. You must be prepared for severe weather and shorter daylight hours by having extra gear and additional skills. One can go from the campsite for the day hike to the bijli mahadev temple or elsewhere in the valley with breif knowledge of hike in the snow. One should have proper gear to avoid cold. The bijli mahadev is 25 km away from kullu and one can visit the place in a day. Walking on the road with alonside of snow covered meadows makes it a pleasant feeling to someone who had never seen snow. After going through beautiful lanscape one would be surprised reaching at the top of bijli mahadev by seeing the spectacular veiws of the peaks around. But in the winter one don’t have to climb so high because snow reaches down to the lower places of the valley. So it is worth to come and visit kullu manali in the winter season with the unforgetable memories.
What is included in the tour
- Accommodation in tents.
- Highly Advanced and qualified Guide from Himalaya Destinations
- Vegetarian meals on camping (Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner)
- Cooks/Helper and other requisite staff.
- Equipment’s – Tents on sharing basis / Sleeping bags / Sleeping Mattress/ Sleeping bag Inner
- Meals will be freshly prepared and will be a mix of Indian, Chinese & Continental.
- Basic First aid Kit with portal oxygen.
- Couples will be provided separate tents
- Couples will be provided separate tents
What is NOT included in the tour
Personal insurance or cost of emergency evacuation
- Purchases of personal natures (like mineral water bottles/bottled or canned beverages/chocolates/dry fruits etc)
- Food to/from the trailhead.
- Personal cost and costs which are not mentioned in inclusion
- GST of 5%
Fix Departure Date
24-27, 25-28, 27-30, 30-02, 31-03 Dec 2017
- Day 1: Day 1: Reporting at the base camp.(1500m)
- Briefing of the programme.
- (Sufficient time would be given for visiting market and nearby places)
- Day 2: Day 2: Manali tour.
- You may would like to visit the one of the ancient townships of the country. Sightseeing in an around Manali will be completely borne by the customer. After the tour , please reach the base camp and enjoy the bonfire amidst the snow.
- Day 3: Day 3: Day long trekking and camping in snow
- Today we will go for day long trek, after having our breakfast. Experience snow trekking, today we will trek for 13 Kms and will reach back to base camp. Packed lunch will be taken along and will be had during the lunch break. We return to our camp on the same day and rest for the night in the tents amidst of the snow.
- Day 4: Checkout after breakfast.