Region : Lahoul Spiti.
Total Duration 16 Nights / 17 Days
Style of Trip Climbing.
Grade Moderate to Difficult.
Maximum Altitude CB-13 (6264m/20500ft) and CB-14 (6078m/9940ft)
Best Season June to October
Accommodation Hotel/Guesthouse; Organized Campsite
Food On Expedition– All meals included
Mt Chandra bhaga 13 and 14 is a magnificent peak on the Dhaka glacier that is visible from Chandra tal and is a popular with climbers who want to climb in Himachal Pradesh. The approach is from Batal from where you can see the immense Bara Shigri glacier across the valley. From top of the peak you have a great view of the Kunzum Range, the magnificent Chandra tal Lake and the Chandra River. The undulating terrain is very harsh comprising of boulders, marine and difficult to access without a proper guide due to sheer remoteness.
The itinerary is a guideline and standard pattern which we provide you. This Climbing Expedition can be modified according to your time and requirements. This trek can be modified as per Schedule as well. E-mail us for latest updated info and price for Expedition.
Enquire for the Cost
How To Reach
Distance by road:-
Manali is well connected to Delhi. Take an overnight bus from Delhi and you will reach Manali in 12 ‐ 14 hours (approx 540 KMS). Tickets can be booked online at www.redbus.in or www.hrtc.gov.in Tip : Since Delhi Manali is a long journey most Volvo private buses leave Delhi between 5 pm and 6 pm. The last govt bus leaves at 8.30 pm from ISBT Kashmere Gate. Volvo buses charges between Rs.1,100 to 1,600 per sector from Delhi to Manali and vice versa. Manali to Delhi: Like the onward journey, buses leave from Manali to Delhi between 4 and 5 p.m. Your tentative arrival at Delhi may be anywhere between 6 a.m and 10 a.m. Plan your onward journeys only post noon giving enough buffer for bus delay
Nearest Railway Station:-
Nearest Railway station is Ambala (350 kms) and Chandigarh (310 kms). Tip: Regular Volvo and Buses are available from Chandigarh to Manali in the evening. Volvo buses charges between Rs.800 to Rs.1,200 per sector from Chandigarh to Manali and vice versa.
Nearest Airport :-
Nearest Airport is Bhuntar is 60 Kms. Bhuntar, which is 52 km away from Manali, is the nearest airport. Taxi services are available from Bhuntar to Manali, which costs about Rs.1000‐ Rs.2,000. Bhuntar is well connected to Delhi by air. The airliners that take you to this Airport are Indian Airlines, Kingfisher airlines, MDLR Airlines and Jagson Airlines, operating flights from Delhi and Chandigarh to Kullu.
Day 1: Reach at Manali. Papper work and other preparation.
Day 2: Manali to Batal. (Spiti) by taxi n 6 to 8 hours.)
Day 3: Acclimatization at Batal. Visit Chandra tal.
Day 4: Batal to Base Camp, 5 hr trek and halt.
Day 5: Halt at Base camp for acclimatization.
Day 6: Load ferry to Advance base camp.
Day 7: Occupied Advance Base Camp.
Day 8: Established Summit camp for CB-13.
Day 9: CB-13 Summit day.
Day 10: Reserve day for Summit CB-13 and back to ABC.
Day 11: Rest at Advance Base Camp.
Day 12: CB-14 Summit day
Day 13: Reserve day for Summit CB-14 and back to camp ABC.
Day 14: Back to base camp and halt at base camp.
Day 15: Base camp to Batal.
Day 16: Batal to Manali by Taxi.
Day 17: Expedition end after Breakfast.
What is included in the tour
- Highly advanced, Professional & certified mountaineering (Instructor/guide) from Himalaya Destination.
- Skilled local Guide who has ample knowledge of the route.
- Vegetarian meals on the Climbing. (Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner)
- Cooks/Helper and other requisite staff.
- HAF/LAF/Porters/mules for carrying common equipments (like rations/tents/utensils/and Central climbing Equipment)
- Equipments – Tents on sharing basis / Sleeping bags / Sleeping Mattress/ Sleeping bag Inner
- During Trek & Expedition we will provide you Dome/Alpine/High Altitude tents on twin sharing basis. Camping mattresses, kitchen tent, dining tent, camping stool etc would be provided.
- High Altitude Porters to ferry loads, set up high camps, fix ropes etc
- Climbing Guide’s support up to Summit
- Butane gas bottle for high altitude cooking
- Meals: While on trek all meals will be provided. Meals will be freshly prepared and will be a mix of Indian, Chinese & Continental.
- High Altitude meal: We will use tin packed food in high altitude
- Basic First aid Kit with portal oxygen.
- Forest Permits, wild life fee and camping charges.
- State Government Fees.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Personal Porters for carrying Climber’s backpacks
- In hotel: no food will be providing.
- Air fare
- Any charges for carrying still/video cameras etc.
- Personal expenses like tips, telephone calls, laundry, etc.
- Group Gears for climbing e.g. rope, pitons, snow bars, crabs etc
- Individual Climbing Gears and clothing; special individual mountain diet if any
- IMF Permissions, Royalty and Registration.
- Liaison Officer Cost (for foreign expedition only)
- GST 5%.
- Inner Line Permit.
- Personal insurance or cost of emergency evacuation
- Purchases of personal natures (like Alcohol, Soft drink, mineral water bottles/bottled or canned beverages/chocolates/dry fruits etc)
- Food to/from the trailhead.
- Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances like landslides, road blocks, bad weather, etc.
- Travel insurance.